Session Two: October 11 - November 29
This group meets on WEDNESDAYS: Our high school group will work together to tackle the nuances of social communication including social media expectations and the unspoken social rules of being a teenager.
WHEN AND WHERE?
Oct 11, 6:00 PM – Oct 12, 7:00 PM
Epping, 133c Main St, Epping, NH 03042, USA
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Dates to include:
- October 11
- October 18
- October 25
- November 7
- November 15
- November 29
NOTE: We will NOT meet the week of October 30th or the week of November 20th.
Focus based on group need, but rest assured, there will be plenty of fun to be had while we work on:
- Emotional regulation, including size of the problem/size of the reaction
- Sharing space and ideas with others
- Playing cooperatively
- What it means to 'read the room'
- Understanding the differences between intent and perception
- How to make compromises
- How to ask questions and wonder about others
- What to do in a reciprocal conversation
- How to put yourself in other person's shoes
- Understanding the role of body language and facial expressions
- How to interpret nuanced social language
- What to do when you've made a social misstep
- Rules and expectations of social media and screen time