top of page
One-on-one or small group instruction
targeting the "soft skills" of learning
How are we different?
- Interest-Based: For our less-than-motivated students, we develop study skills lessons based on their interests. This keeps them engaged so we can get straight to learning.
- Qualified: Our study skills coach is a highly qualified high school English teacher!
- Experienced: We have extensive background in Landmark College's techniques for language-based learning. These include: 2-column notetaking, question/answer relationship, sequencing strategies, sentence/paragraph structure, and more.
- Functional: In the case of our students who are feeling motivated to gain skills, we remove arbitrary busy-work and use your child's actual coursework to address skills.
What will your student learn?
- What active versus passive studying means. Hint: Active studying works. Passive studying doesn't!
- How to listen and read for comprehension while taking notes.
- What to highlight (or NOT) when reading a variety of text.
- How to annotate efficiently while still reading for understanding and enjoyment.
- How to prepare for tests and quizzes, including how to develop study guides to work for your child's brain.
- How to think critically and infer meaning.
- How to summarize and put information into words that your child will be able to retain.
- How to follow the steps in the writing process, including how to write a paper worth turning in!
In-person or virtually
10-sessions over 12-weeks
1 hour/each session
COST: 3 monthly payments of $400
bottom of page