top of page
Study Skills for Success:
One-on-one or small group instruction targeting the "soft skills" of learning
How are we different?
- Qualified: Our study skills coach is a highly qualified high school English teacher!
- Experienced: We have extensive background in Landmark College's techniques for language-based learning. These include: 2-column notetaking, question/answer relationship, sequencing strategies, sentence/paragraph structure, and more.
- Functional: We always remove arbitrary busy-work and use your child's actual coursework to address skills.
What will your student learn?
- What active versus passive studying means. Hint: Active studying works. Passive studying doesn't!
- How to take comprehensive notes that your child will be able to access and understand later.
- What to highlight (or NOT) when reading a variety of text.
- How to annotate efficiently while still reading for understanding and enjoyment.
- How to prepare for tests and quizzes, including how to develop study guides to work for your child's brain.
- How to think critically and infer meaning.
- How to summarize and put information into words that your child will be able to retain.
- How to follow the steps in the writing process, including how to write a paper worth turning in!
Our study skills coaching takes place in-person or virtually. You will have 10-sessions over the course of 3 months. Each appointment is 1 hour long.
3 monthly payments of $400
bottom of page